Apr 25th - May 10th, 2020
*Guaranteed Departure* Operated by The Battlefield Tours
Join this vacation of a lifetime operated by The Battlefield Tours to France and Holland to honour the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Holland. During this trip, you will be accompanied by a Full Time Battlefield Tour Manager on site who will explain the significance and history of all sites visited during the tour.
The tour begins in Paris and makes its way through important sites in Normandy, Somme, Vimy, and Flanders before heading north to Holland as you follow the First and Second World War story in Western Europe. Highlights include Juno Beach, Beaumont Hamel, Vimy Ridge, the Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate Memorial to the Missing, the Commemoration Ceremonies at the Commonwealth Military Cemetery during Remembrance Day in Holten, and the Liberation Parade celebrating 75 years since the liberation of the Netherlands in Wageningen. Be sure to read the full itinerary below to learn more about this tour's many inclusions.
Help us commemorate one of the most historic moments of our time, in celebration between the Dutch and the Canadians, honouring those who did the impossible, up against all odds, so that we could have peace today.
This tour is operated by The Battlefield Tours. Learn more about this travel partner by clicking here.
*If you have relatives whose graves are located in or near one of the areas on the tour please contact us to find out if we can arrange a visit. We are often able to accommodate.
- Accommodations in superior tourist class (3-4 star) hotels
- Executive motor coach with washroom/AC/tea/coffee
- All entrances as per the itinerary
- Breakfast (B) throughout and 12 dinners (D)
- Online custom map kit and tour resource and information guide
- Full-time experienced Battlefield Tour Manager
- All surcharges, fees, and departure taxes
$5950 per person 2 per room
$7060 per person 1 per room
*Airfare is not included in the tour price and can be arranged at the time of booking at the current rate of the day. The approximate cost of round-trip flights is $1500 per person (subject to change and availability).
Prices are in Canadian dollars and include land, and all taxes.
Proof of out-of-country medical insurance is required to participate in this trip. If you require a quote please contact us.
Deposit of $500 per person due when booking.
Final payment due February 3, 2020.
Deposits are non-refundable. Trip becomes fully non-refundable at final payment date. For more information please visit our Policy Page.
Tour Director and Driver Gratuities:
While optional, gratuities are a great way to show your appreciation. Learn more about gratuities by reading our Policy Page or downloading this tour’s itinerary.
* 1 passenger only: Join Target Tours SOLO where we attempt to match people of the same gender to share accommodations on the tour of their choice!
Tips and Tricks
- Book early and enjoy our Early Booking Guarantee benefits. Learn more HERE.
- Purchase travel insurance. Find out what package best suits your needs HERE.
- Review the expiration date of your passport. This trip requires that your passport be valid for 3 months past your date of return.
- Review our policy page HERE.
- Our Target Tours’ “On Target” Blog features fun and relevant travel topics written by our staff. Click HERE for a great packing list made by our team.
- Get engaged with the Target Tours’ community. Discover us on Facebook & Twitter and follow along with other tours and your fellow travellers.
Still have questions?
Review our FAQ page or send us a message by using our chat feature in the bottom left corner.
We are live on the chat from Mon-Fri 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM and love to answer your questions. We will reply via e-mail to any chat requests we receive outside those hours.
This tour is available from the following locations:
- Charlottetown Airport
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport
- Greater Moncton Romeo LeBlanc International Airport
- Fredericton International Airport
Departure from other Canadian Provinces
- Contact us for rates and options.