Jun 4th - Jun 13th, 2019
Operated by The Battlefield Tours
Join this vacation of a lifetime operated by The Battlefield Tours to France and Belgium to visit sites from both World War I & II.
During this trip, you will be accompanied by a Full Time Battlefield Tour Manager on site who will explain the significance and history of all sites visited during the tour. This tour is marking the 75th anniversary of D-Day in France and will allow you the opportunity to participate in the official ceremony organized by Veterans Affairs Canada.
We start the tour in Paris where you will enjoy a cruise along the Seine, an orientation tour, and dinner at Jardin du Notre Dame. We then continue to visit sites in Normandy & Dieppe, France such as the Pegasus Bridge, Bloody Omaha, Juno Beach, Beaumont-Hamel, and of course, Vimy Ridge. In Belgium, we will be staying in Ieper and tour the area of the Battle of Passchendaele. The tour finishes with the group's participation in the Menin Gate Last Post Ceremony. This is often the most memorable part of the tour before flying home from Brussels.
Join this tour from select Maritime airports (Charlottetown, Moncton, Fredericton, and Halifax) and travel to Paris and return from Brussels.
Looking for a longer more extensive tour? We have tour deviations with a pre-tour portion in London and/or a post-tour option in Amsterdam or Germany. Contact us to see prices and dates.
*If you have relatives whose graves are located in or near one of the areas on the tour please contact us to find out if we can arrange a visit. We are often able to accommodate.
- Executive Motorcoach with washroom/AC/tea/coffee
- Accommodations in Superior Tourist Class hotels including breakfast daily
- 8 dinners
- Guided tours and entrance fees as outlined in the itinerary
- Online custom map kit, tour resource, & info guide
- Full Time professional and experienced Battlefield Tour Manager
- All taxes and fees
$3780 each, Double Occupancy
$4575 each, Single Occupancy
*Airfare is not included in the tour price and can be arranged at the time of booking at the current rate of the day.
Prices are in Canadian dollars and include land, and all taxes.
Proof of out-of-country medical insurance is required to participate in this trip. If you require a quote please contact us.
Deposit of $500 per person due when booking.
Final payment due March 5, 2019.
Deposits are non-refundable. Trip becomes fully non-refundable at final payment date. For more information please visit our Policy Page.
Tour Director and Driver Gratuities:
While optional, gratuities are a great way to show your appreciation. Learn more about gratuities by reading our Policy Page or downloading this tour’s itinerary.
* 1 passenger only: Join Target Tours SOLO where we attempt to match people of the same gender to share accommodations on the tour of their choice!
Tips and Tricks
- Book early and enjoy our Early Booking Guarantee benefits. Learn more HERE.
- Purchase travel insurance. Find out what package best suits your needs HERE.
- Review the expiration date of your passport. This trip requires that your passport be valid for 3 months past your date of return.
- Review our policy page HERE.
- Our Target Tours’ “On Target” Blog features fun and relevant travel topics written by our staff. Click HERE for a great packing list made by our team.
- Get engaged with the Target Tours’ community. Discover us on Facebook & Twitter and follow along with other tours and your fellow travellers.
Still have questions?
Review our FAQ page or send us a message by using our chat feature in the bottom left corner.
We are live on the chat from Mon-Fri 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM and love to answer your questions. We will reply via e-mail to any chat requests we receive outside those hours.
This tour is available from the following locations:
- Charlottetown International Airport
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport
- Moncton International Airport
- Fredericton International Airport
Departure from other Canadian Provinces
- Contact us for rates and options