Position Title: Driver-Guide
Department: Receptive Tours
Reporting To: Receptive Tour Coordinator
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Term: Seasonal (May – October)
Application must be submitted by: January 27th, 2018
General Job Description:
You love our Island, you love people, and you love driving. If that’s you then sounds like you might be the perfect fit!
Target Tours Atlantic is looking for Driver-Guides who will tour guests in groups of 2 – 15 in small passenger vans. If this is you, you would be driving them around our beautiful Island providing interesting facts, information, and that classic Island hospitality at the same time. Ideally, the Island Hospitality and friendliness comes easily for you, we can help you out with the facts and history part, but it helps if you have a passion for storytelling too!
You may be right for this position if you are…
- A People Person. If you get energized by spending time with others and getting to know them then this is probably a good fit.
- A Storyteller. Folks turn to you to tell stories because you always “tell it the best”. You have folks hanging on your every word and excited to hear what you have to say next.
- Independent. You don’t need to be micromanaged or supervised. You’re trustworthy and take pride in delivering a high-quality product independently.
- A Team Member. Success is when it’s shared with others, not celebrated alone. Even though you work independently, you enjoy contributing to a team.
- Inquisitive. You want to know the “what, why, where, when, and how” about things and will ask if you can’t find the answers. An interest in Island history is a bonus!
- A Contributor. When ideas or problems are brought to the table you provide suggestions. You probably help make the plans when your friends or family are planning a trip!
- Positive. You want to be surrounded by can-do people and you love to laugh.
- To perform tours with commentary while driving groups in size from 2 – 15.
- To become an expert on our receptive touring product.
- To learn and become proficient in our scheduling software.
- To communicate with your tour clients pre and post tour via email or phone.
- To ensure safe handling, storage, and passage of Company monies when required.
- To accept any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To be aware of and adhere to company policies.
- To work cooperatively with all staff members.
- A Class 4 commercial license is required.
- Three years or more experience driving commercially is an asset.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and conversing in English required. Additional languages such as French, German, or Spanish considered an asset.
- Must be available during the entire touring season (May – October).
One more thing!
Due to the unpredictable demand of the tourism season from year to year it is challenging to qualify this position as “Full Time”. For this reason this position often suites folks who have a lot of flexibility in their schedules. This is a good position to supplement a part time job or as a position during retirement. Working on weekends can be required and your schedule changes week to week.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
More about Target Tours:
There is no one more important to us than our team and our clients. We laugh and share stories every day as a team but getting things done is always top of mind. We are an innovative company that is always finding new ways to do things. Change doesn’t scare us and neither does the unpredictable!
What clients have said about Target Tours:
“The friendliest, most knowledgeable, fun loving group of people. They care about their clients and provide the best that can be offered. AND, if a change is needed they go out of their way to do so, still providing the best service. Overall, a fantastic group.”
“Amazing! The customer always comes first, and this is not only in words but actions. Have always found Target Tours goes the extra mile.”
“We talk about Target Tours at least once a week to our friends, family, and customers. We explain how well organized everything is and the family atmosphere.”